Monday, June 19, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #573

It's already visiting hours for my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #573 dated June 19, 2017. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.

"The doctor wants me to have a six-pack!"


The following captions are classified as medical waste:
"I talked the doctor into an extra month."
"Best of all, it's a covered benefit."
"What's wrong with Trump Care?"
"Guess what? I can stay as long as I like!"
"Hey! Let's watch the game."



June 26, 2017 Update:  The Finalists


July 3, 2017 Update:  I voted for the third caption.


July 17, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week, cartoonist Michael Maslin gave us a gigantic beach ball. My caption quickly deflated. Everybody in the pool for Contest #572!

Over the years, I have entered quite a few of P. C. Vey's Caption Contests. Unfortunately, all of my captions wound up on life support.

What's so funny about doctors anyway?

02218

No comments:

Post a Comment