Monday, August 21, 2017

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #580

Lie back and enjoy my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #580 for August 21, 2017. The drawing is by Frank Cotham.

"He distinctly gave me forty winks, not forty lashes!"


These caption entries didn't merit the king's pleasure:
"I, for one, see no need for regime change."
"What's so bad about having an absentee ruler?"



August 28, 2017 Update:  The Finalists



September 4, 2017 Update:  I voted for the second caption.


September 11, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption



Note: Last week cartoonist Carolita Johnson gave a cat the royal treatment. My caption went to the dogs. See why Contest #579 is the cat's meow.

Review my previous work on Frank Cotham and sleep on it.

02280

No comments:

Post a Comment