Monday, January 1, 2018

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #598

Meditate over my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #598 for January 1, 2018. The drawing is by Danny Shanahan.
"Get your own damn ball."




These captions didn't reach nirvana:
"Strive to achieve balance."
"You must strengthen your core."
"I never get blue balls."
"There's not much else to do here."
"I don't do well in earthquakes."



January 8, 2018 Update:  The Finalists



January 15 Update:  I voted for the third caption.


January 22, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week, Carolita Johnson's air traveler packed her man and her dog into a carry-on bag. My caption got stuck in airplane mode. Fly the friendly skies of Contest #597.

When it comes to cartoonists, Danny Shanahan is way up there. See my posts about him way down here.

Attempted Bloggery supports net neutrality.


02416

No comments:

Post a Comment